The Must-Have On-Page SEO Checklist
I guess you have heard of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and along with that, you have heard the fancy terms called on-page SEO and off-page SEO. Quite often we get clients asking us what the difference is and what they can do themselves when it comes to SEO.
One part that we recommend our clients get some basic knowledge on, is on-page SEO for their websites. We have compiled a simple checklist below for you to use as you work through your website’s on-page SEO:
- Correct use of H1-H6 tags.
- Keyword in title tags
- Keyword in url
- Keyword in alt tags for all images
- Installation of Google Webmaster tools (Check here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/)
- Correct use of 302 and 301 redirects
- Unique title tags for each page, 65 characters or less.
- Unique meta description for each page, 155 characters or less.
- Installation of a XML sitemap
- Mobile friendly (check here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/)
- W3C Validate site for errors (check here: http://validator.w3.org/)
- Link to your Social media profiles
There are other tools and plugins that can guide you towards creating strong on-site SEO, however be aware that the easier these DIY tools make it for you, the more competitive SEO will become in general. Many people feel that by doing these things they will shoot to the top of search results. A robust on-site SEO strategy is imperative but only a portion of what top competitors are doing.
We hope this helps you increase your SEO rankings. If you have any questions or need help with your SEO, please don’t hesitate to contact us, you can also find out more about SEO here.